The Quad VGA is a single chip FLCoS Display with a fully integrated controller that can interface with RGB and YCbCr digital video sources. It can display native 960p images for progressive scan video as well as qHD, 720p, and multiple custom display resolutions. The fast switching ferroelectric liquid crystal (FLC) eliminates motion smearing and enhances images, an important characteristic for the head mounted display and augmented reality markets.
- 8.127 x 6.095 mm active area
- 10.16 mm diagonal
- 6.35 um pixel pitch
- 30 Hz to 60 Hz frame rates
- Up to 540 Hz color field rates
- RGB and YCbCr digital interfaces with color conversions from YCbCr to RGB available
- Programmable Gamma Correction
- Color Space Conversion
- Cropping and Overscan
- Up/Down Scaling
- Only 330 mW of typical power consumption which includes both the display panel and integrated controller
- -30C to 83C storage temperature range
- 50-pin, 0.40 mm pitch connector on a 11.2 mm x 18.0 mm rigid PCB for projector and HMD applications
- 50-pin, 0.40 mm pitch connector on a 17.6 mm x 14.9 mm x 8.0 mm high illuminator on a rigid PCB for EVF applications. Optical distance is 6.89 mm*.
*Optical distance: From image (silicon surface) to illuminator top